_____________

Feb 2, 2009

OSS # 127: Name-calling



Can't view? Click here.

It's the love month! I wanted to start it with not hating. :)

This is a sort of a personal reaction to Does 'No Name-Calling Week' Include Christians?, an article written by Linda Harvey regarding a program called No Name-Calling Week.

No Name-Calling Week (January 26-30, 2009) is an annual week of educational activities aimed at ending name-calling of all kinds and providing schools with the tools and inspiration to launch an on-going dialogue about ways to eliminate bullying in their communities. I learned of such from Aldrin's blog.


Moving on...

My Filipina version of Barbie, Juana, had a make-over. I repainted her face to make her look a little modest. I think it suits her with the terno.

The terno was made from the same material as Ning Fa's cheongsam.








6 comments:

Jet'aime said...

Ang amo ng fez ni Juana, napaka-hinhin ng dating.

Ang ganda ng terno, pang Miss Universe. Hehehe =)

dabo said...

Name calling ang sterotyping? So much we have to do in unlearning these stuff.

--- --

Bakit Juana ang name nya?

Niel Camhalla said...

@jet'aime
I erased and re-draw her face around 3 times. Nahirapan ako sa eyelashes. Minsan kasi napapalaki at nagiging messy tapos mukha na syang pupunta ng club.

@dabo,
I want to use all the alphabet in naming my dolls. So I limit myself to the letter J for this one. I also wanted the name to sound Christianized Filipino since she looks mixed race. With those limitaions Juana was the only name that came to mind.

Somnolent Dyarista said...

hekhek,,,...

dyarista is a colloquial word referring to someone writing for a news paper.

pie said...

hawig sya ni lucy torres!

Niel Camhalla said...

I think dahil malapad noo nya. May nagsabi hawig daw nya si Julie Vega sa last pic.

Related Posts with Thumbnails