_____________

Oct 23, 2008

What Made My Monday



Last Monday, an online buddy from another site informed me of a sale in Toys R Us. He specifically told me that the Reservoir Dog action figures were on huge discount. These toys were originally sold at PhP1,000. A few weeks back, when I bought Mr. White, toy stores marked down the prices to PhP600. To beat the competition Toys R Us sold the items at an even lower price of PhP300.

When I bought Mr. White, I promised myself to buy the Joe Cabot figure. I thought that the chubby old guy could lend his character to my comic strips. Now that the prices were even lower, I figured this is a good time to buy. I went straight to Trinoma from work. I visited the Toys R Us branch but got disappointed. There wasn't any stock left.

I decided to go home empty handed. While on the MRT I was thinking how I really like that action figure. I concluded that I like it so much that I'm willing to pay PhP600 for it. So instead of going home, I decided to pass by Toy Palace in Farmer's Cubao. I'm was going to buy the toy.

I went straight to the action figures section and got a surprise. They were selling Joe Cabot for PhP300! And that's how competition just made my day.





11 comments:

dabo said...

alam mo ba niel.. i think luck is always following you..

i wonder if its only with toys..

-- --

hehehe bear hug ba yung isang pix..

Mr. Scheez said...

Gusto ko mapanood yang Reservoir Dogs. Maganda ba? =)

Parang gusto kitang bigyan ng Gremlins ng toy. You like? =)

Niel Camhalla said...

@dabo, it was partly luck. Before the luck, I waited. Had I been impatient, I would have bought the toy at a higher price.

I guess the same applies to other aspects of life. The right decisions mixed with luck turns out well.

yup, teddy bear yung nasa isang pic. :)

@mr scheez, hindi ko pa napanood yung movie. I wasn't even aware of such movie until I saw the toy.

Ndi ako mahilig sa gremlins eh :) I saw one that moves and sings(or make noises). I thought it was scary. What if bigla yun gumalaw sa gabi habang patay lahat ng ilaw? Waaah!

Mr. Scheez said...

Hehehe, masaya nga yun eh. Gagalaw sa gabi. Yeah I figured na baka takot ka nga sa ganon.

I was wonderin kung ano pa ang wala ka na doll/toy? Sarah Palin? =D

Niel Camhalla said...

Marami pang dolls na wala ako. Lalo na yung mga mahal tulad ng mga Fashion Royalty...

at mga props nila tulad ng piano :)

wanderingcommuter said...

hahaha. may bagong character na naman tayong aabangan... luv it!!!

Mugen said...

Excited na ako sa kanyang magiging role sa iyong mundo. Hehehe.

Niel Camhalla said...

Alam nyo habang kinukunan ko sya ng picture last Monday, may nabubuong character nya sa isip ko.

My new characters are connected to the old ones in a telenovela-cheezy kinda the way. What can I say? Telenovelas have a big influence on my life. Haha!

tagabukid said...

si bembol sumali na!!! may extended run ba rito ang nolifili? hehe

Niel Camhalla said...

Sorry Padre Damaso can't make it. Hehehe

gingmaganda said...

299.75 na rin siya sa toys r us sa metro east! kaso hindi ko binili, mas gusto ko kasi si mr. pink. eh, wala naman.

i did buy a goth doll though. squeee.

Related Posts with Thumbnails